This section is meant only as a guide for teaching RC (either one–to–one or in classes). We wish you to use it as a resource in planning your teaching of RC, but we also wish you to create your own unique RC fundamentals class content. We have listed a number of example outlines as well as some instructions for the first session.
Other resources for teaching RC include:
- the Fundamentals Teaching Guide and Class Outline (available from Rational Island Publishers). 27 chapters focusing on topics for fundamentals classes, readings on each topic for student and teacher, and page-sized posters of related RC ideas.
- The New Kind of Communicator, updated in 2012, a collection of key articles on teaching, for RC Teachers
- The RC Teacher Nos. 28, 29 & 30 (available from Rational Island Publishers). Many articles on teaching fundamentals and ongoing classes, applying new theory and the RC Community Goals in our teaching, building diverse RC Communities, and more.
- RC Teacher Update CDs of talks by Tim Jackins at recent workshops.
- the RC e-mail discussion list for RC teachers.
- Guidelines for the first session
- Topics to Cover in Fundamentals Class
- Fundamentals Class Outline #1
- Fundamentals Class Outline #2
- Fundamentals Class Outline #3
- Fundamentals Class Outline #4
- Fundamentals Class Outline #5
- Week-long Class
- Addition to the Fundamentals Manual
- The On-going Forever Class
- Working Out a Difficulty
- People New to RC
- Appreciating an RC Leader