News flash


Healing the Hurts
of Capitialism
Azi Khalili &
Mike Markovits
Sunday, July 28

What We've Done
Where We're Going
SAL Fundraiser
Sunday, August 18

FREE Climate Stickers

U.S. Election Project

Thoughts on Liberation
new RC eBook



D.1. Certification of RC Teachers [49]

Certification Required

Individual Co-Counselors who wish to teach Re-evaluation Counseling (RC) classes[50] may only do so when they demonstrate the experience and knowledge listed in Guideline D.2. Requirements of RC Teachers. Their judgment needs to be checked and supported by the RC Community. Applicants may want to consult in advance with local leaders as well as International Liberation Reference Persons who know them.

Application to Teach

Co-Counselors wanting to teach RC must apply for permission to the Area Reference Person (ARP) in the Community where they live. The application should be made in writing. The ARP will then consult with other teachers and the International Reference Person (IRP) (and the Regional Reference Person [RRP] where one has been designated). All of them need to approve it before permission is granted. The ARP can also consult with International Liberation Reference Persons or other leaders. 

Permission is granted to teach in that Area only. Prospective teachers who live in localities where no ARP exists are to apply to the IRP (and the RRP, where one exists). All applicants need to be made aware of and comply with the requirements for teachers contained in the Guidelines.

We want to ensure that society’s oppressions do not impact the decision about certification.

Teaching Credential

A teacher is initially given permission to teach one class series. After they have satisfactorily completed one class series (usually a fundamentals class), they may apply for a full teaching credential.[51] If a certified teacher no longer meets the requirements for being a teacher, the IRP and the ARP and/or RRP should consider suspending the teaching credential.

Inactive Teachers

Teachers who have not taught for at least one year can only resume teaching with the approval of the IRP (and the RRP, where one has been designated) and the ARP of the Area where the classes will be taught.

Suspension of Credentials

The credentials of an RC teacher may be suspended by the following:

  1. Where there is no RRP or ARP, by the IRP
  2. Where there is no RRP, by either the ARP or the IRP
  3. Where there is an RRP but no ARP, by either the RRP or the IRP
  4. Where there is an RRP and an ARP, by the agreement of any two of the following: ARP, RRP, IRP


Teachers must be sufficiently prepared and clear in what they are teaching.

Teachers who have been inactive need to keep informed of the constantly growing theory and practice of RC.

An agreed-upon procedure is needed for suspending teaching credentials when individuals no longer meet teacher requirements.


[49] This Guideline has the force of a requirement to teach RC.

[50] Teaching a fundamentals class first is encouraged. Fundamentals classes introduce people new to RC and give a solid teaching experience.

[51] A teaching credential grants an applicant permission to teach RC. It requires the approval of the Area Reference Person (ARP), International Reference Person (IRP), and Regional Reference Person (RRP) (where one has been designated).


Last modified: 2022-10-19 18:30:34+00